Re: [DL] Help with an NPC that has Multiple Personalities

Just a thought, but in addition to his joker, give him either the Dark
pact power, or the tempest ability to gain the harrowed ability False
face (I think thats what its called) so that he can instandly appear as a
different person for each of his personalities. With his sixth sence
ability can freely avoid all attempts by the posse to catch him in the
act of changing.

Some ideas for personalites.

The Beast: the cowpokes Mr hyde who is doing everything the cowpoke might
have wanted to do, but was restrained by his conscience, for example,
kill off his rivals and anyone who ever mocked him.

The innocent: The core personality who knows nothing of what really going
on.

The tempter: A voice that whispers to the innocent and unleases the
beast, the plotter who protects the innocent from knowing what has
happened to him, while takeing steps to destroy the posse whose
interfearing might reawaken memories that could allow the innocent to
regain control.

The fragment: A subversive remnent of the original personailty, takes
over when the tempter is ditracted to leave clues and notes to help the
posse figure out whats going on.

All the rest: some weaker personalities created to deal with specific
situation that might awaken traumatic memories. Unlike the beast, who is
a strong personality, the tempter can sometimes control these, letting
them out for a task, then locking them back up when not needed.

The pyromaniac: Responding to feeling of lonelyness, this fragment tends
to keep himself company by setting things on fire.

The Carouser: when challaged or accused of being cowardly, or unmanly,
the carouser comes out looking to out fight, out drink, or out womanize
all comers, spending all his money and becomeing the life of the party.

The Bandit: the hungover grumpy guy that has to rob people, steal horses,
or commit other crimes to replace all the money the carouser spent.