[DL] belated relaoding and gatlin pistol post

Yeah, this is severely late in response time (I can't keep up with the
amount of mail coming in and have to read it in chunks) but I wanted to
chime in on the reload question and gatlin pistols debates.

One thing folks haven't said about the gatlin pistol is that although it
only has twelve shots, the gizmo either (A) has a replaceable "barrel
cylinder" or (B) a drum clip.  The drawing of the pistol seems to vary
according to artist, so not sure which one is true.  Since it is a gizmo,
perhaps both.

At any rate, if you use the drum clip option, reloading that should be easy.
If you go by the idea that the pistol holds twelve barrels, one shot each,
then you'd have to snap off the used, twelve barrel array, and snap in the
replacement.  Man; can you imagine lugging around spare "speed loaded barrel
cylinders"??  Hmmm, that'd actually be funny--I could see a mad scientist
not thinking that far ahead in design and making the user do just that!

As for reloading pistols (the normal ones), heck, why bother with all the
trouble of figuring out if there are speed loaders, which pistol can accept
it, etc. and just cheat?  Huckster hex:  Reload!  Either that, or figure out
how the Gunslinger from King's Dark Tower series managed to pull out the
spent shells while firing.....

Jeff S