[DL] Fudging

Hi,

Spolier space.

Marshalls amongst us - an earlier thread raised the point of fudging,
or cheating - to what extent to other marshalls use this?  What
techniques are used to pull off fudging convincingly either in the
favour of PCs or NPCs?  I ask because last session i was desperatly
trying to 'kill' a PC so that she could become harrowed (player is
bored with being a fourth wheel in a group of PCs with 'powers').

I created a 'manitou infested area' type situation, but could i kill
her?  Could i *"&£$ - she had far too many chips, and it would have
looked very strange to the other players (who have no idea on the
harrowed thing) if she hadn't chipped all these wounds to her guts
and head to avoid dying.  I also had a lot of missed shots from the
minions i got on discount from Bob's Dodgy Minions-R-Us.

With hindsight, i probably should have noticed the chipstack and
ground her down a bit first with some guts checks and random rock
falls or whatever, which would have made it easier, but I also
played the minions exactly by the rules - was this my (non-)fatal
mistake?  I dunno.  Anyway, comments and suggestions appreciated.

regards,

John