Re: [DL] Fudging

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 02:07:32PM -0500, Brett Dixon wrote:

> On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 01:54  PM, John Billings wrote:

> >>The second question has to do with the player in question.  Why is she
> >>bored with being the only non-powered character?  What are the other
>
> You're running classic Weird West, so this isn't as much of a problem
> as I've seen it become in HoE.
>
> First, remember that every Arcane background has /something/ that
> doesn't like it. Hucksters and Mad Scientists get hunted by the agency
> or Rangers, Blessed tend to be prime targets for a lot of the
> occult-oriented black hats, etc.

This is true.

> The 'mundane' thus has an advantage in that they are unlikely to get
> lynched because someone thinks they're a witch. Always a bonus.

An advantage - but it doesn't nessecarily make for a lot of thrills and
spills when your huckster, blessed and flamethrower toting mad sci polish
off the enemies before you get to role a dice..

> Also, don't forget that those ABs take a LOT to develop. The bounty to
> buy three hexes is more than it costs to become practically ungodly
> with a pistol (6d10, or similar). and the gunslinger's guns only cause
> her  head to pop off when something really, really bad happens.

Again, a fair point.

> Which makes me think of something else: Have you considered allowing a
> Relic into your game that would be up the character's alley? It's a
> sort of limited, specialized arcane ability, but it can make the
> character very powerful in a specialized way.

Ooooooooh. Now there's a _fantastic_ plan.   I'll have to think one up
that would be relevent...

cheers for that.

John