Re: [DL] Fudging

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:53:41AM -0500, Matthew DeForrest wrote:
> At 04:13 PM 3/13/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Spolier space.

> It seems to me you have two questions here.  The first, on fudging, is
> easy.  I only fudge when the rules require it.  For example, in my late,
> lamented Deadlands campaign, one of my PCs picked up an enemy as the result
> of a mysterious background.  I had to fudge a couple of rolls to make sure
> that the enemy survived.

Seems more than fair to me..

> The second question has to do with the player in question.  Why is she
> bored with being the only non-powered character?  What are the other
> characters?  Is there an unbalance between her characters and the others?

There is - she tends to be overwhelmed, and doesn't really get to do a lot
in combat - in the end, i'm a newbie marshall, and am still feeling me way
and I don't want to lose a player cos she's bored this early into my career
:-(   Perhaps i just need to make her life more exciting in another way.

> I hope this helps.  Take care.

it's certainally given me something to think about.

cheers,

John