Re: [DL] rules questions

 >a) Do levels of the hindrance "kid" carry corresponding size penalties?
 >   If so, what would they be?

Nah - the Kid hindrance is already painful enough with the drop in die
types.  While they are certainly related, I wouldn't tack on a size drop as
well.

 >b) does the hand-to-hand weapon's defence bonus (for a sword, say) help
 >only for making it harder for the wielder to be hit, or does it also
 >give the wielder a bonus to the attack roll?

Just for passive defense

 >c) does the winchester '76 4d8+2 damage mean, roll 4d8, and add 2 to the
 >total, or roll 4d8, adding 2 to each d8?

2 to the total.

 >d) Does the hindrance "big un" reduce pace by 1 point per level, or 2
 >points per level (I think the latter, if that is what it means to
 >decrease pace by a "step")

2 points.  Step drops almost always refer to the die type.  In this case it
is referring to the fact that Pace is based off of Nimbleness.  So a d10
nimbleness = a pace of 10, which would be dropped to 8 (d10 --> d8) for Hoss.

 >e) If I hit someone with a spear, and get an ace on the spear's 2d6
 >damage, does that mean I roll another d6, as I would with firearms
 >damage, and as I would for the strength dice of the hand-to-hand damage?

Yup.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com

Remember, your body needs 6 to 8 glasses of fluid daily. Straight up or on
the rocks.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke