Re: [DL] Fudging

> Special whip sounds good - i'll try to come up with a decent backstory for
it
> and a set of abilities.  I wonder who a previous owner could be.. Is it
worth
> allowing chips to be spent to give specific effects on a relic - and is it
> better plan to allow the character to find out the effects of the relic by
> experience or to tell them right off the bat what they can do?

A cool relic like this isn't often found under a rock - the posse usually
take it from the still cooling fingers of the badass they've just defeated.
Generally this means the badass was using it when the posse took him or her
down, so they probably saw at least some of its effects during the battle.

"As Cruella cracks her Cat o' Nine Tails at Bob, he is shocked to see the
individual lashes seemingly extend and stretch, well beyond their normal
length. The lashes wrap around his gun hand, then, almost tentacle like,
writhe and coil up his arm, across his shoulder, and around his neck"

Finding out that the taint of this whip involves the unhealthy attention of
Rattlers for miles around is something she'll find out of her own accord...
:o)

Gerry Crowe
Warlord Design Team & Rulesmeister
http://www.gamesmeister.com/warlord