Re: [DL] rules questions

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 06:23  PM, Alex Boston wrote:
> a) Do levels of the hindrance "kid" carry corresponding size penalties?
>   If so, what would they be?

I don't believe so. It's just the stated limits, I believe. You could
take it with scrawny, though.

> b) does the hand-to-hand weapon's defence bonus (for a sword, say) help
> only for making it harder for the wielder to be hit, or does it also
> give the wielder a bonus to the attack roll?  The chart seems to
> indicate the latter, but maybe its a typo/

I think you are reading this slightly wrong. Defensive Bonuses add to
the TN for the wielder to be hit, so if someone with a 5d10 in sword is
using a sword (+2 db) the TN to hit this character is 5 (base TN) + 5
(skill of wielder) + 2 (Weapon DB) and this character rolls a 5d10 to
hit someone else.

> c) does the winchester '76 4d8+2 damage mean, roll 4d8, and add 2 to
> the
> total, or roll 4d8, adding 2 to each d8?

Unless I'm mistaken, it's 4d8, then add 2 to the total.

> d) Does the hindrance "big un" reduce pace by 1 point per level, or 2
> points per level (I think the latter, if that is what it means to
> decrease pace by a "step")

I.... I'm not sure about this one. I think 2 points, but I wouldn't
stake my marshal's badge (which I got in Monday!) on it.

> e) If I hit someone with a spear, and get an ace on the spear's 2d6
> damage, does that mean I roll another d6, as I would with firearms
> damage, and as I would for the strength dice of the hand-to-hand
> damage?

Yet another question I'll defer to the better informed.... I haven't
been allowing aces on damge rolls (Except the strength part) but I may
be wrong.