Re: [DL] Fudging

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 06:30  PM, John Billings wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 03:56:58PM -0700, Greg Vose wrote:
>> Go away if you are one of John's players...
>>

>> Ways you can pump up her effectiveness are as follows:
>>
>> 1) Harrow her.  Make absolutely certain she is okay with playing a
>> Harrowed
> <Snip>
>> really entails...well that would be just evil.
>
> Yes - i'm going off the harrowed idea more and more - it would be a
> nightmare
> with a preist in the posse to have someone wandering about undead.

This can also encourage a LOT of metagaming where the blessed plans to
get the proper miracles to 'help' the harrowed...

>> 2) Relic as has been discussed. I like the idea of a whip of some sort
> <snip>
>> wild ability based on that.
>
> Special whip sounds good - i'll try to come up with a decent backstory
> for it
> and a set of abilities.  I wonder who a previous owner could be.. Is
> it worth
> allowing chips to be spent to give specific effects on a relic - and
> is it a
> better plan to allow the character to find out the effects of the
> relic by
> experience or to tell them right off the bat what they can do?

I treat relics as follows:

A Relic is just, well, an object. Once a character choses to use it,
I'll let them know the abilities via a note as well as any sudden
hindrances they've picked up. I don't always tell everything, or exact
details, however. For example, if my posse found Wild Bill's Shootin'
Irons, they would learn the bonuses when someone starts using the guns,
but might not know the owner until he 'asks for them back.'

But that;s me, and I play a slightly mangled version of the rules
anyway, i think.