Re: [DL] Fudging

Yes, I agree 100% with Gerry here.  The relic isn't something to be just
handed to her.  But you build the adventure around her and obviously she
gains the most from it.  She has whip skill and we can pretty well be
certain she is getting the whip.

I also agree that she shouldn't get any knowledge about the whip for free.
Make her use it. After she has used it a few times, you can reveal what the
game mechanic for it is.  You can also keep some of the mechanics or
abilities secret (or add them later for plot hooks if you like).  The same
goes for the taint.  Don't tell her about that at all. Just have bad
things...happen ;> This can also be a point of small contention between the
Blessed and her.  The Blessed is against the item of evil and she simply
thinks it is a great tool. Played properly the players will be grinning at
one another will hamming it up about how stupid the other (character) is.

As for background, where it came from, etc.  That's all up to you.  The
nastier you can make it, the better.