Re: [DL] Hucksters (kinda long, but there's and Edge)

But the code would be different. One is encoded into a catalog of New Science items for sale, and the other is encoded into a book about card games. And unless a huckster learned a hex from another huckster, they'd have to know the code in the books. Just because you know the code in poker terms, doesn't mean you know the code in new science terms. And shootists, of course have no code, but its still different, all versions challenge mantiou and force them to cast a spell in the real world. hucksters and metal mages gamble with them, shootists shoot it out with them. It's a different fame of mind and the results are different. Shootists spells channel the energy into the real world through their guns, hucksters have a hand of magical cards appear in their hands. A huckster would need to know how to chanel the energy differently. "Magnum Force"  producing some ethereal card would'nt do a whole lot of good, and "Brimstone" won't be to helpful witha Peacemaker in your mits. And as for listing AB: Metal Mage so specifically... a Mad Scientist/Huckster is definatly a metal mage, no doubt about it, but what about someone without the experience of mad science who figures out the code in the S&R catalog? I wasn't really meaning it to be a totally seperate AB, just that for non-MS's, it just helped on specification... assuming you go with my theory of "if you know one, you don't necesarily know the other"

This isn't a suggestion for a definate rule, but for marshal's to use if they agree with me about 1 AB having spells from 4 source books is a littel much (Hucksters and Hexes, Lone Stars, Theory of Thamaturcal Diffusion, Hexarcana. yes, I know those last two repeat metal mage spells).

Dave