Re: [DL] The Art of Spaghetti Western

Maybe it's just me, but I could never get behind "Pale Rider". It feels like a 'Hollywood-ized' version of Clint's spaghetti westerns. I mean, everything goes right for this character! He beds all the women in the movie, shows up everyone, kills all the bad guys... At least in "High Plains Drifter", there's a reason for it. Michael Moriarty's character is the one working, trying to earn a living for his 'family', and then this guy rides into town and makes him look like a total wimp.

Look at HeH, TOJW, TGTBATU and FFoD: Clint gets his butt kicked at least once in each movie, and gets caught off-guard at least a couple of times. He isn't 'perfect' in those movies, but he sure is in "Pale Rider". That's what I dislike about it: he's the idealized, Hollywood Man With No Name.

Sorry, but it bugs me... :)

Derek D. Bass
Etheric Musings - The Science of the Sons of Ether
http://www.steamenginechaos.com/mage/ether.htm

--
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup