Re: [DL] The Good, The Dead, and The Supported

I had one just recently...  a bunch of us were looking at having a new game
on Monday nights, and a friend of mine from my Sunday D&D game put forth my
name for running Deadlands (as he knows I've got a game in the works and am
eager to move run it).

Two of the guys (both regular members of my game group) were into the idea,
but the third guy (who is from their gaming circle but new to me) replied
with "I don't think I'd want to play Deadlands...  it sounds kind of weird."

We were all like...  "Well...  yeah...  it's supposed to be.  It's the Weird
West."

The only thing I find ironic is that this same guy who thinks Deadlands is
"too weird" plays Shadowrun.  Maybe it's just me, but I don't see a huge
difference.

Mac

----Original Message Follows----
I'll one better that. I've never met a gamer that I described Deadlands to
who didn't like the idea enough to want to play.

Talison