RE: [DL] Is anyone left?

> Sounds like the best plan.  BTW, for those of you who aren't on the
> Savage
> Worlds list as well, it's pretty obvious Shane is doing this *for*
> the fans.
> Since the release of SW, that list gained several new members and was
> easily
> garnering 50-75 posts a day alone (not counting the posts from the
> various
> other lines).  Some of these had questions on the system, and he was
> missing
> them in all the traffic.  Now, there's one place everybody can go to
> ask him questions and much less chance of them getting lost.

Too be honest - I never doubted that Shane has the best interests of
the fans at heart, ok someone made a "facist government" comment, but I
regarded that as being tongue in cheek (at least I hope it was tongue
in cheek!).  Thinking through the number of lists I know Shane was on
(never mind the ones I don't know about) keeping pace with all the
posts to answer questions would be horredous and take a significant
amount of time.  Anyway its probably about time Pinnacle had some
professionally forums - it's just not suited to me, that's all.

> Something else, this list has always been fan run.  Shane *can't*
> shut it
> down.  As long as you guys want to talk Deadlands here, you should be
> able
> to.  Now if Afterburner decides to leave, someone else might have to
> step in
> and take over the reins, but that's about it.
It was just the way the list did an immediate impression of a ghost
town, concerned me. However it seems my concerns were unfounded.

Cheers

Roy

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience