[DL] My Campaign

Hi all,

I do not think that I have properly introduced myself.  My name is Sean and
I recently talked my group into playing Deadlands.  We have a healthy mix of
veteran and new players and I think its working out nicely, though all of
them are new to Deadlands. I have five players plus myself and if you do not
mind I am going to give a brief run of their concepts and history.

Mei Lee Newton - A Chinese immagrant came to California with her parents on
one of the first boats from China.  Her Father died in a strange mining
accident and her mother dropped dead at the sight of the remains (oh I have
plans for this!).  With no other surviving members of her family on this
continent Mei Lee was adopted by the Newton family as their only heiress.
In a fit of rebellion she left home and became a soiled dove and saloon girl
only to find herself good at it. She has since left that life behind and
reconciled with her adopted parents.  Now she makes her way by gambling.
She is still renowned and has a sort of fame that she cannot shake.  She has
not kept in touch with her Chinese family but that is something that I wish
to rectify.  I am going to supply Mei Lee with a husband one that was
matched to her long before her parents left China and this husband and her
family have been searching for Mei Lee for some time. If you have any ideas
on how to make this interesting, please let me know.  Since Red has become
married I have put this side-plot on hold because it would just seem too odd
to go marrying off all of the women whether they want to or not.  Instead I
may have her doubting-thomas brother show up or perhaps link her family with
one of the Triads of Shan Fan.  Who knows what damage she could do with
that.

Jake "Fighting Squirrel" Andrews - Jake is a wanted man.  His favourite girl
ended up dead with a lot of property damage and he high-tailed it out of
there.  Jake's real name is Andrew and he is on the run from another suitor
of his favourite girl.  Jake may or may not have killed this girl, I'm not
sure.  But he's wanted and if he ever gets caught or goes back to Nebraska
he'll swing.  Fighting Squirrel spent some time in Sioux land and made some
friends there its also where he earned his name.  Another pale-face was
there too and he happened to become the Govenor of Arizona and owes Jake a
favour or two.  So Jake travels around trying to stay out of trouble and
away from the one who's comin to get him.

Rose "Red" O'Neil - Red is a bit of a mystery even to herself.  She has
memories of her childhood but they are all fuzzy and she really isn't sure
what her father used to do.  They moved from Ireland before she was born and
her father passed away.  It will become apparent that he was a Mason (the
less evil/mind controlled ones not the corrupt Masons presented in The
North) and was undercover in a truly corrupt fraternal order called "The
Children of Dagon" (from Lovecraft fiction - can anyone point out some good
stories or sourcebooks about this order from beneath the waves?).  Rose has
recently become married to one of the men from Spotted Horse's tribe.  He
has not joined the posse but instead stays with his tribe and awaits her
return.  This will add spice later on.

Spotted Horse (Spotted Wolf) - An Injun with a Shaman Uncle (friends in high
places).  Spotted Horse was on the receiving end of a werewolf attack and
got bit.  Since the group is so new I didn't want to just kill a character
so I made the Lycanthropy similar to being Harrowed and added a Dominion
total to his character sheet.  Anyway, Spotted is on his way to walking the
Medicine path once he comes to terms with his new identity.  He has also
been sent out by his uncle to learn the white man's ways in hopes of making
him a liason between the two nations.  Useless trivia time, Spotted's uncle
knows Mei Lei from her saloon days much to Spotted's suprise.

Wolf Two-Guns - A Creole Metis who joined up with the Texas Rangers.  Wolf
is a hot-head and about ready to jump into any situation if it involves
danger and or money.  He has his own views on justice and isn't willing to
back down for anyone.  The rest of the posse has noted this behaviour and
have taken steps to remove him from getting himself and others killed.  So
far this has not changed his attitude but it may have sealed his fate.

Thanks for letting me brag about my group.

Sean