[DL] Deadlands Reboot 2004 [Shane]

Greetings.

Ok, now you have us curious Shane. :P

Will you tell us more than what you said in the Lost Colony Companion book?
I was going to post this in the forum but it seems to have crashed.

"phpBB : Critical Error"

I certainly hope that this reboot doesn't mean Deadlands will switch to
Savage Worlds rules and I am not necessarily looking to buy the same
material reshuffled into different splatbooks. I think that PEG had done a
wonderful job covering just about everything Weird West/Wasted West when it
comes to splatbooks. I think some more information on Lost Colony might
appeal to me but you seem to have pretty much ended everything in the Lost
Colony Companion adventure.

I have picked up the Savage Worlds base book and it isn't very useful as a
miniatures game (since the most important rules about unit creation are
missing) and the system doesn't appeal to my local D&D gamers for
role-playing. Evernight, your first release for SW is basically a D&D
adventure book written with SW. This puzzles myself and other local gamers
in my area because D&D in our opinion is always best played with D&D rules.
It is what everyone is used to and everyone knows how to play (mostly)
already. At this time I don't plan on picking up any more SW stuff because I
don't think I will be able to get anyone I know to play it. Gamers like what
they know.

I hope to see future original Deadlands material and adventures especially
if it is not recycled. I have always liked the Weird West the best out of
the three settings and would like to hear more information on your planned
Deadlands Reboot.

Good Gaming.
Roger Bert <rogerbert@d20roleplaying.com>