[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20030908

That's my one concern with Tyler's posse. Everyone is an Arcane Backgrounder, and that's going to be messy... Also, magic (in any form) tends to be a powerful security blanket when the weird stuff hits the fan. There;s some Huckster powers that can really short circuit an adventure, for example...

Of course, if the fact that the entire party is magically talented is
used for the campaign, it might be interesting. This posse could get
trashed if they are ever in a situation where they can't use their
magic, however... Lack of characters concentrating on other skills is a
definite minus. Also, if the posse ever gets the 'bad night' for dice
rolling I've seeng roups get,t he show might end right there as
multiple backlashes occur.

The player that wants to go for the Taoist MA is going to have her hands full without a doubt, she will likely bear the brunt of the figthing the normal folk and such. The other guy playing another blessed decided he just wants to play an average mexican badito and develop it from there, I had him re-roll (I call it "drawing" a character, since it uses cards) his char and he got a red joker, and then he got lucky and drew an ace. I ended up giving him the Blue Veil. Then he went for a VotWW edge, and yeah, he got a bitten by a werewolf--thou he don't know that yet. As it stands the badito idea developed into a tracker/guide/body-guard. Should come in handy. He also took Purty. Just for laughs.

I have some plans to introduce the Collegium, but will wait for that book to get to me via The Big Sale. Ultimately I want them to take down Grimme. As he seems to be the most vile, evil, nasty thing this side of Hell, IMO. This will be a long time in the tellin', but should be fun to work it up.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and comments. I feel part of something big and cool.

tyler

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon