Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20030908

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 11:54 PM, Tyler Childers wrote:
The player that wants to go for the Taoist MA is going to have her hands full without a doubt, she will likely bear the brunt of the figthing the normal folk and such. The other guy playing another blessed decided he just wants to play an average mexican badito and develop it from there, I had him re-roll (I call it "drawing" a character, since it uses cards) his char and he got a red joker, and then he got lucky and drew an ace. I ended up giving him the Blue Veil. Then he went for a VotWW edge, and yeah, he got a bitten by a werewolf--thou he don't know that yet. As it stands the badito idea developed into a tracker/guide/body-guard. Should come in handy. He also took Purty. Just for laughs.

I'm think El Mariachi/desperado (And the new movie in the vague series, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, comes out soon) could be good inspiration for this guy. Tweak the backgrounds a bit if he's interested, perhaps, but make sure the non-Arcane Backgrounders don't feel ignored when compared to the spell-slingers.

I have some plans to introduce the Collegium, but will wait for that book to get to me via The Big Sale. Ultimately I want them to take down Grimme. As he seems to be the most vile, evil, nasty thing this side of Hell, IMO. This will be a long time in the tellin', but should be fun to work it up.

Taking down Grimme's a good goal for a campaign, I think... Hard to do, but... Make sure you pick up Lost Angels in any form possible. This posse would have an 'interesting' time once the special effects around Lost Angels kick in...