Re: [DL] Re: [Savage_Worlds] Re: Savage Deadlands

> So why did I do it? Because I said I would, and Nick Zacharaisan (and a
> lot of folks like him, but Nick is always the one I think of) has been
> following the story since the beginning and deserved to have it wrapped
> up as best as I could afford to do.

Thanks, Shane. It means a lot to me that I'm foremost among the people you
think of, even if you tend to misspell my name :) , particularly considering
the people like Allan Seyberth who've done so much more for Pinnacle. Did
the Companion seem a bit rushed? To be honest, yes. Do I feel like I
overspent? HELL, NO! This is the setting I waited years for and even bought
into Hell on Earth just so I could know what was going on in it. I got
something good and meaty that's exactly what it promised to be- and now I
get to fix the holes in it and the main book! For those of you who don't
know what I'm talking about, check out this thread in the Hey Shane! forum:
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=452 . There's a discussion
thread I started on fixing Mutes in the LC General Chat forum as well.

I really am honored that you entrusted me with such a thing. That sort of
thing showcases the relationship you have with your fans. Don't have the
time or knowledge (from not writing the books yourself, of course) to patch
up something that got left out/badly worded/vague/conflicts? You can leave
it in the hands of your fans. We trust you and you trust us, which really
does- and I don't speak as a fanboy here, but as a consumer- set you head
and shoulders above the rest of the gaming industry as a whole. I'm
PEG-loyal to a fault. Hell, I'd been waiting for 50 Fathoms ever since you
first mentioned it- it's part of why I bought SW in the first place! Now if
only I could get the Animaniacs' Ballad of Magellan out of my head.

Anyway, Shane, I hope the work I've been doing so far is good by you. I may
be a bit slow about it right now, what with classes and all, but I want to
make sure i take my time and do it right. I've got some big shows to fill
here, and I'll be damned if'n I'm going to let you down. You're one Hell of
a guy, as I learned when I met you at NukeCon, and the fact that you're so
devoted to your fans shows through every time you interact with us. I, for
one, support whatever you decide to do with Deadlands because at the end of
the day, as you're riding off into the sunset, ya gotta be able to buy your
trail rations first. Only then can you manage to keep the ranch, and I think
I speak for a good majority of us when I say that we always have understood
that and always will.

Thanks a herd,
Nick Zachariasen <------------------Note the spelling :) !