[DL] two new utilities available

I've made utilities available on my ISP webspace. I would have put them up
on the DLCGP site, but I've lost the password and I've been too lazy to
email James about it :) . Anyway, one is new and the other is, because I
lost the original FLA file, new in incarnation if not concept.

First is an HTML/Javascript dice roller. It's rather simple to use. You
select the number of dice (up to 10) of the type you want to roll and click
that die's Roll button. It then fills in the text boxes with the results
and, in case you're rolling for damage or Scart dice, totals them. The
numbers stay there until you click that same Roll button again. If you roll
fewer dice than you rolled the last time, it simply clears the extra boxes.
Take a look at it and I'm sure you can figure it out. it even lets you roll
up to 10d100! Yes, the script takes acing into account, but you have to
watch manually for if you go bust. Thanks go to kalleboo and aneurysm of the
Awful Forums for giving me a hand (O.K., a whole arm) with the code.

Second, and I believe I already announced this on the HoE list but I'm not
sure, is a revised version of the Hell on Earth e-sheet. This one is exactly
like the one available at http://www.thebrogue.com/dlcgp except when I made
it I used different conventions for some variable names, so old save files
won't work with the new version. On the new version, Native Tongue and Home
County are editable text that you can change so you can document just what
those two are! I added space for Legend Chips, banked Bounty, and Corruption
on the front and Hexslingin' and rituals on the back. I also added text
boxes for maximum Strain and Wind, though the former switches vertical
position on the pages for readability's sake. Finally, I took Speed for
ranged weapons off the sheet because it's almost entirely obsolete and
replaced it with Ammo so you can see what exactly the weapon fires at a
glance.

I've also got the Card Drawer mirrored up there so it's a one-stop shop for
the Deadlands utilities. However, you'll want to use wget or a similar
program to download the Card Drawer page should you wish to. Otherwise, all
the references to images will be change to "Deadlands Card Drawer_files" and
the script won't work. Either that or save the HTML file and all 53 seperate
images manually :) .

If any of you use these, please let me know. I like to know my work is
appreciated, even when others do most of it (as in the case of the roller).
I'd also appreciate any bug reports you have with the e-sheet. The Card
Drawer and Dice Roller, though, seem to be rock-solid. As always, Shane,
you're more than welcome to glom onto these things and put them up on the
PEG site if you wish. I made them for Deadlands, and by Shaft, Deadlands can
have them!

Nick Zachariasen