RE: [DL] RE: Savage Deadlands

>>a friend of mine and i figured it up and in the deadlands sw system, a
>>chatacter can have a toughness of a lot,  vigor d12/2 = 6, being dead + 3,
>>having super vigor ( the harrowed powers and more call it a + 2, plus
>>tough as nails and IMPROVED tough as nails, then we come to the arcane
>>power sections and jesus a psyker on a good roll is a god, so unless your
>>walking dead come equiped with rocket launchers stay at home.
>
>The character in question is my harrowed doomsayer that is on Banshee after
>the Unity.  He got ded(but got better) before the unity adventure.  So
>having no shooting score is out of the question.  I can go up in every
thing
>to get my toughness up to something like a 19 or 20 then I'll be a vertable
>tank.  When you add in that I have molecular cohesion, nuff said.  My
>biggest problem is the simple fact that I lost so many skills and edges
>cause my marshall said if I didn't that I would be badder than the
>Reckoners.  Not to mention the fact that most of my attributes dropped
>drastically.

Okay, first of all, how do you get that conversion *at all*?  It sounds like
you're using the quick conversion from the Savage West that specifically
states in bold letters NEVER to use it for Player Characters.  You build
PC's from the ground up just like normal SW characters.

Let's look at what you claim the character can have:
1. d12 Vigor.  Yep, he could, but he'd have d4's in all other attributes
except one could be a d6.  He'd have to be Heroic Rank before he could even
be average in all his other attributes.
2. "Being dead +3."  Um, no.  At best, +2.  That's if Harrowed work like
regular Undead.
3. "Super vigor: the harrowed powers and more call it a + 2."  Supernatural
Vigor can only be taken once in SW, and I have no idea how the "and more"
would be achieved.  Even then, after d12 it takes two raises of Vigor to
gain an additional point of Toughness.
4. "Tough as nails and IMPROVED tough as nails."  Which are only available
to Legendary Rank characters.
5. "The arcane power sections and jesus a psyker on a good roll is a god."
A god is +4 Armor maximum?  And it's Armor, not Toughness, so AP will cut
right through it.

I'm sorry, but it seems obvious that you guys are confused on the conversion
process, the Savage Worlds rules, and then used homebrewed stuff to fill in
what you didn't understand.

>>  and then we get to combat, ok now i havent read this section yet, so i
>>am just working on what my game master runs as his mechanic correct me if
>>i am wrong but i can take multiple actions at a +2 penalty, not a problem,
>>but according to my gm i can only make one ranged attack, melee attack,
>>move and cast a spell in one round.  correct me if i am wrong please this
>>will greatly enhance my enjoyment of the system, because as i understand
>>things right now i can run up to a walking dead kick it in the head, shoot
>>it in the head and then brain blast it in the head, BUT i cant shoot the
>>thing 4 times in the head for like a + 8 modifier, get off the laced magic
>>weed and get back to reality.  and yes i am too lazzy to figure out a
>>house rule that i like better, i buy rpg's for systems that way i do not
>>have to figure things like that out.
>
>I still don't see why you have to be 2 fisted 2 gun kid to be able to shoot
>someone with a pistol more than once.  Why can't I just shoot someone with
>my single pistol more than once with +2 modifiers for each extra shot.  To
>me that gets rid of me being able to shoot extra bullets with a semi auto
>pistol.

Let me ask you this, how can you pull a trigger once and get two bullets to
come out?  That's how it works; it takes an action to pull the trigger.  If
you've got two hands, then each one can pull a trigger.  Now, that said, SW
does take into account semi-auto pistols; you can Double Tap with them,
firing two shots in quick succession, but it is still handled as one action.

>I guess I don't think that SW works for the Deadlands system.  I'll just
>stick to classic.  I have more fun with it anyway.

And that is absolutely fine.  Lots of guys have that opinion, and I have no
problem with it.  But I think your opinions are based on some confusion and
misinformation on the SW rules, especially how they convert to Deadlands.  I
certainly don't expect to change your opinions, but I also don't want others
making decisions based off that misinformation.

I think the tricky part is that many people look on SW as a "watered down"
Deadlands or Great Rail Wars system, and they base expectations off of that.
It simply isn't either of those.  Savage Worlds is its own system created
out of what *was learned* from those other systems.  Judge it on its own
merits and capabilities.  That's all I ask.

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."