Re: [DL] RE: Savage Deadlands

I too have something to say to this....

a friend of mine and i figured it up and in the deadlands sw system, a chatacter can have a toughness of a lot, vigor d12/2 = 6, being dead + 3, having super vigor ( the harrowed powers and more call it a + 2, plus tough as nails and IMPROVED tough as nails, then we come to the arcane power sections and jesus a psyker on a good roll is a god, so unless your walking dead come equiped with rocket launchers stay at home.

Yes, that character should be hard to knock down... But will he be able to actually do anything after spending nearly every advance on one 'schtick'? At best, it might be possible to squeeze out an acceptable combat skill (and, in SW, since 'Shooting' covers pretty much all ranged weaponry. that's possible) we might be able to make a highly experienced character who's nigh impossible to take down, but can shoot at a mediocre skill.

The character in question is my harrowed doomsayer that is on Banshee after the Unity. He got ded(but got better) before the unity adventure. So having no shooting score is out of the question. I can go up in every thing to get my toughness up to something like a 19 or 20 then I'll be a vertable tank. When you add in that I have molecular cohesion, nuff said. My biggest problem is the simple fact that I lost so many skills and edges cause my marshall said if I didn't that I would be badder than the Reckoners. Not to mention the fact that most of my attributes dropped drastically.

and then we get to combat, ok now i havent read this section yet, so i am just working on what my game master runs as his mechanic correct me if i am wrong but i can take multiple actions at a +2 penalty, not a problem, but according to my gm i can only make one ranged attack, melee attack, move and cast a spell in one round. correct me if i am wrong please this will greatly enhance my enjoyment of the system, because as i understand things right now i can run up to a walking dead kick it in the head, shoot it in the head and then brain blast it in the head, BUT i cant shoot the thing 4 times in the head for like a + 8 modifier, get off the laced magic weed and get back to reality. and yes i am too lazzy to figure out a house rule that i like better, i buy rpg's for systems that way i do not have to figure things like that out.

IIRC, you can only use a single weapon once per round... So you can make one attack (be it a single shot, burst, etc.) with the pistol in a character's right hand, then another shot with the pistol in his right hand, then a kick.

I still don't see why you have to be 2 fisted 2 gun kid to be able to shoot someone with a pistol more than once. Why can't I just shoot someone with my single pistol more than once with +2 modifiers for each extra shot. To me that gets rid of me being able to shoot extra bullets with a semi auto pistol.

I guess I don't think that SW works for the Deadlands system. I'll just stick to classic. I have more fun with it anyway.

Thanx for hearing me out,
Taco Bob

Get holiday tips for festive fun. http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx