RE: [DL] Re: SW 'Review'

> . i think it is getting a tombstone with brail for the markings. and
if
> you
> could read brail the tombstone would have enscribed upon its face,
> "here
> rests deadlands a great setting and system, until peg inc. ran it
> through the meat grinder called Savage worlds.

I think this is a little strong.  I would say that generally Shane's
instinct regarding Deadlands and how to go forward has been pretty
good,  problems have only arisen when "going forward" has meant him
passing the running of Deadlands on to someone else and even then he's
managed to bring it back from the brink.  In the past 3-4 years plenty
of other companies have gone to the wall and I think the fact that
Pinnacle and Deadlands still exist is because Shane is an ornery cuss
who invests in his company when pretty much everyone (maybe except the
fans) had abandoned it.

Also from the sounds of it, although there are a bunch of loyal fans
who still bought Deadlands:classic/D20 books - it was an ever dwindling
number and it didn't really justify the continuing publishing of books.
 So I guess using your analogy above, Deadlands was already in it's box
waiting to go under.  So SW may turn out to be the tombstone - however
it also might get Deadlands back out of it's box - time will tell.

As an aside regarding the rant that started all this.  This list has
always encouraged a Deadlands family sort of feel and in light of that
I think the profanity was out of order.  On a personal level I get the
list sent to my work email (well I need something to do over lunch :-)
) .  Such language sets the firewall alarm bells ringing - which I
could really do without.

Thanks

Roy