Re: [DL] RE: Savage Deadlands

even if you convert your character with 80 exp. making it?legendary it is still really gay! and shouldn't be tried because?you will still lose a lot of your character. The main problem I have with savage worlds is that if you don't want to?die very quickly your character has to combat oriented in?every way and you lose a lot of the flavor of your?character if you convert. My friends character that was a mechanic before the last war only has a D4 in?repair because even after?losing half his stuff he still didn't have enough?levels to buy most of his skills to a decent level.

I'd like more info on this... Even a starting 0 XP character can b basically proficient in a single weapon and a single 'other' skill with lots of room to spare. Remember that a mechanic in Classic would likely have a good Tinkerin' plus one ore more Profession skills and maybe a science.

You wanted more info on this so here is my char before SW and after:
Before:
Attributes:
C:3d10   Kn:2d8    M:4d6    Sm:3d8     Sp:4d12+4
D:4d12+4    D"2d12     Str:2d12    Q:4d12    V:2d12

Skills:
Scrutinze2d10 Search3d10 Trackin2d10
Academia:occult5d8 Demolition3d8 Medicine:general2d8 Trade:mechanic5d8 Blastin1d8
Overawe2d6 Persuasion3d6
Ridicule2d8 Scroungin3d8 Survival:forest3d8 streetwise3d8 tinkerin5d8
faith6d12 guts5d12+9
lockpickin3d12+4 Shootin:rifle,shotgun6d12+4 speedload:rifle3d12
climbin2d12 dodge3d12 Drivin:car,battlesuit,motorcycle3d12 fightin:brawlin,glowstick,spear5d12
sneak4d12+1 swimmin2d12
Quickdraw:glowstick3d12

After:Now this was not made by me, but my marshall, and it was started at Legendary with 80 points.And I have leveled up 3 times since then.
Attributes:
Agilityd12 smartsd6 spiritd12+1 strengthd8 vigord12+1

Skills:
gutsd12+6 shootind10 fightind10 knowledge:occultd6 repaird6 faithd12+1 drivind4 stealthd4 noticed6 blastind4 trackind4 persuaded4 intimidated4+2 tauntd4 healingd4

Now. If you don't see my complaint with the convesion system....If this character was to be made like he should have been, it would have taken more points than was given. Now the reason I was told that this was all I got was because if I was made like I should have been, then I would have been badder than the Reckoners. I don't care. When over half of my character is taken away from me, then I tend to not want to play that character any more. It's just not fun. It's like when I got off the Unity, I got amnesia or something like that. to not know over half mu skills and my attributes to go down; I'm still upset enough about that, that I haven't even paid enough attention to the combat system to say anything about that.

May the Force be with you all,
Taco

Enjoy the holiday season with great tips from MSN. http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx