RE: [DL] RE: Savage Deadlands, Wow what a rant

From: "Dan Sulin" <grandmasternilus@hotmail.com>
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: RE: [DL] RE: Savage Deadlands, Wow what a rant
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:23:47 -0600

Wow Jac, you really don't like Savage Worlds do you.

Some thoughts

1) First you complain that a harrowed super character you described is almost unhurtable(with a very high toughness), but then you complain that your buddies Mechanic Character only had a D4 in the repair. Maybe he should have took less combat related edges and skills. I kinda have a feeling that this character has a shooting at a D12 and a bunch of combat edges. If your character concept was mechanice, I think the first thing he should have done was bought that skill at a fairly high level.

NO that's not right. This character was converted by my marshall to SW, not me. I had 5d8 in trade:mechanic and tinkerin in classic, so my char was a very good machanic. Now he has a d6 in repair.
3) Rounds of combat are all relative in an RPG. Yes in Savage Worlds you can do less in a round of combat then in classic deadlands, but so can everyone else. So it balances.

It's not that I can do less, but some of the powers that allow you to keep extra cards in combat are now useless. All they let you do is draw more cards. The big bonus was that you got to act more than any body else cause you had these powers that made you incredibly fast. Now these powers have no advantage. You get to go as much as everyone else.

4) Everyone is entitled to there opinion and your might be valid. But presenting them in such a ranty form while using such foul language doesn't help convey your point. It just makes you look like a barely literate dumb ass who watches way to much South Park.

Now I want to know why you think he is illiterate. Do you think that only illiterate people use profanity. I think this comment is a personal attack agins Jac and is not in good taste.

May the Force be with you,
Taco

Grab our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6 months @$9.95/month. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup