Re: [DL] The Spirits Flee

--- RedFox Whiteruff <redfox@crimsonvulpine.com> wrote: > This favor
(page 58) seems quite useful.  However, it could easily be
> a hell
> for management.  It seems like the Favor really requires a vamoose
> style
> action to work properly, however the nature of Favors (always having
> a fixed
> speed from the Ritual, or 1 normal action from a Guardian Spirit
> invocation)
> makes this impossible.
>
> Was this intended?  I can easily see some shaman with a deuce action
> card
> waiting till his turn in combat and then trying to negate the last
> chip
> expenditure some baddie did on an Ace or so.  For my short term
> memory problems, this is bad.  :)

Sorry for the delay in answering this.

I would work it that the favor must be requested when the chip was
spent.  Otherwise you do get into too many complications... "But if he
actually died on the 10 of diamonds - how did he shoot my character on
the 8 of hearts" etc etc.

The only way I can see this being possible is if the shaman uses a card
up his sleeve, rather than allowing him to use his next highest card
(as per a vamoose).  This is a normal 1 action allowing the option of
Maim, Scar, Pledge or War Cry rituals (or to use the appeasement in the
guardian spirit) to get the favor.

Just my opinion, hope it helps.

Roy