Re: [DL] Re: [Savage_Worlds] Anyone watching Deadwood on HBO

On 4/27/04 10:19 AM, "Marguerite Frey" <natasha_corey@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I like the language in general, though.  I've taken to
> watching the shows with a notepad nearby so I can jot
> down cool lines just to see which ones show up in the
> next Deadlands session.  ;-)

Keith Carradine's Hickock is amazing.  He feels absolutely legendary
compared to everything else around him.

I had sort of a 'Deadlands' moment watching this when I noticed he wore his
guns in a crossdraw rig.  From Deadlands, I recall that the crossdraw is
best for mounted use and that a gunslinger should have it set for a straight
draw.  Then it dawned on me that the advantage of the crossdraw was due to
being 'seated' on the horse and would therefore also be advantageous when
seated at a poker table...

--
Buck (Mike Buckalew)
SCM Manager, FileMaker Inc.