RE: [DL] Re: [Savage_Worlds] Anyone watching Deadwood on HBO

>Keith Carradine's Hickock is amazing.  He feels absolutely legendary
>compared to everything else around him.
>
>I had sort of a 'Deadlands' moment watching this when I noticed he wore his
>guns in a crossdraw rig.

Is it a true crossdraw?  Does he actually reach across his body to pull the
gun on the opposite side?

See, Hickock is actually known for using the uncommon reverse draw (if you
ever saw Purgatory, it's one of the things they got right).  He wore his
holsters backwards kind of like a crossdraw, but he drew the gun with the
hand on the same side.

I don't have HBO, but I just wondered if they were doing that historically
accurate, since the cursing is supposed to be.  <rolls eyes>  I had to stay
in a hotel a couple of weeks back, and I saw they had HBO and Deadwood was
on, so I flipped it over.  After a minute and the guy used the same curse
word like four or five times in one sentence, I flipped it to Under Siege 2.
It's like they combined a western with a George Carlin routine.  At least
with Under Siege 2, I knew to expect a lot of <bleeping bleep>.  ;-)

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."