Re: [DL] It's been a while an' I'm fixin' to play!

In a message dated 7/31/04 11:25:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
richborges@cox.net writes:

<< I am not the most confident of Marshals anyhow and was
 wondering if any of you   have any suggestions for running an Agent in
 a posse. I'm never quite sure how much info to give them or authority.
 Any thing be helpful!
    I think I am going to run "Comin' round the Mountain" to start things
 off.

Since he's a newbie, I'd keep it simple and straightforward. Without campaign
specifics, that's the best advice I can give. But newbies have enough on
their hands without getting overly complicated with roleplaying demands. They have
to get used to the idea of a game where no one wins or loses, they have to
get used to the concept of an ongoing *story*, they have to get used to the idea
of  ROLE playing, and they have to learn the rules so they can do the ROLL
playing. Once the player is comfortable, you can spice things up for the
character, but I would start simple.

As they say, your mileage may vary.

John Gallagher