Re: [DL] Re: Iron Arms

 --- Michael Robert Blair <pellinoire@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I agree, I think cast iron is not a good choice myself
> but I think someone mentioned in an earlier post that
> one of the Deadlands books said that was what they
> were made from and I was running with that.
>I think cast iron fits the rather crude, rough image of the steam
fittings.  I also like the idea of the items generally requiring a lot
of upkeep (seems right somehow) and there is something appealing about
the rusted look of someone that doesn't look after his kit.

However I think it is likely that mad scientits would use any new
material simply for the sake of using it - which is why I'm leaning
towards bringing in the ghost steel option.  It's light and durable and
seems like a sensible option.   I sit next to a metallurgist at work
and the sheer number of variations is baffling.  This leaves me with
the conclusion that it is something that I'm not particularly
interested in :-)

The augmented characters which prompted the initial question has
decided that repair is risky and will go in search of a new arm.  So I
plan to offer him the old tech option of cast iron, or to take the
super duper new shiney option that is more pleasing to the eye (and
costs lots more). It also gives the idea of the tech in the world
progressing slightly.

Roy

Get Yahoo! Mail www.yahoo.co.uk/10k