Re: [DL] Indian Questions

1)  We have a huckster in the group and a mad scientist.  My friend who is a Warrior chief with a wolf guardian spirit seems to think that he can see all the spirits around them and knows exactly what they are up to.  This is starting to cause some friction in the group as he voices his displeasure with the "Palefaces".  Can he in any way see the spirits or know of them around the characters?

I would say no. That would be an incredible power to have, and as far as I know nobody in the world of Deadlands. It if added to the group you could of course allow him to do it, but he can't point to the rules and say he should be able to, because he shouldn't.

2)  He constantly consults with his guardian spirit as if its omnipotent and knows all.  Not only that but he expect answers on the spot.  I have done my best to give him "signs" but that just seems to rub me wrong.  I have not had a chance to pick up the book this week so can someone please tell me if this is possible?  Can he just "commune" with his guardian whenever he pleases, get answers consitantly, and does he need to do a ritual of some kind?

I had the same problem with my shaman, untill I read the book. To ask your guardian spirit (or any spirit for that matter) questions you, or your soul through a 'vision quest', have to be in the hunting grounds, and to do that you need to enter through a portal. All this is of course dangerous, and take a lot of time. After that, you need the 'Ask the spirits' favor to actually talk to a spirit, be it your guardian spirit or whatever spirit you want to talk to. And then you'll still just get cryptic answers. When we realized this, our group went back to normal as the shaman no longer could just ask his way through my story.

Hope it helps.

- Coil -