    *From:* owner-deadlands@gamerz.net
    [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]*On Behalf Of *carl smith
    *Sent:* Monday, November 29, 2004 10:41 AM
    *To:* deadlands@gamerz.net
    *Subject:* [DL] my group the update

    Before i jump into this weeks update I want to thank everyone for
    there help and idea's. Before I only had my GM to turn to when he
    was a player so there was little he could help me with as I could
    not give away plots or storylines. So everyone thank you :).

    OK all you player types, get out of here as the next part touches
    on adventure info.

    After the recap the group started out in the Dogs Eye saloon
    investigating the first murder. They did a good job of it though
    they were a bit heavy handed in getting info out of people. They
    locked the place down and almost held the people there by gun
    point. The Big Indian stood outside not caring what was going on.

    FYI: The Ranger was talking about how he was going to find the
    mayor and FORCE him to give him marshal law over the town and how
    he was going to take control of the law and everyone else to catch
    the killer. He stated that it was his "Right as a ranger" to do
    this and that he is allowed even though they were in the disputed
    lands.

    The fight broke out accross the street between Ralphie and
    Walters, but was to crowded for the indian to see what was going
    on. His answer to that was "Why should I care if white people kill
    eachother". He expressed no intrest at all until another party
    member pushed his way up and saw that a wilderness rider was
    involved. Then with out of character knowledge he "Drew his
    Tomohawk and pushed his way through the crowd to give him an ass
    beating".

    They break up the fight with the indian trying to pick one with
    Ralphie. After one round of combat the other wilderness riders
    show up and everyone stares at eachother. So we have a
    ranger/hexslinger, a huckster/saloon gal, Gun fighter, an Indian,
    and a Cow poke trying to stair down 12 wilderness riders and the
    two brothers in a large crowd of people.

They were stupid... they started a fight.

    Every stray bullet hit someone in the crowd even if it was not a
    party member. Lots of bitching as to how many attacks the bad guys
    got (12 guys with 3d6 shootin will hit people you know). The
    indian was dropped due to wind quickly (though looking back I
    should have had him shot in the head). Soul blasts and black
    lightnings were thrown around without concern for who was around
    and who was watching. No party members died but there was more
    than one person looking at 4 wounds a location.

    The party won though via killing the leaders and making the
    display that they did of there powers. The after math was a lot of
    dead and wounded townsfolk that they party did not help. The doc
    in the group did help some people but only to stabalize them, no
    further care was offered. It was his idea, and the party harrassed
    him for it.

    When the party was up again with afew less wounds thanks to some
    helpin hands, they were confronted by the law. He told them they
    were all fired and that it was time for them to come down to the
    office to answer a few questions. F U was the answer and then
    things went sour. At first the ranger just tried to spirit coil
    some of them but then soul blasts started getting thrown out at
    the deputies and anyone else that looked like a threat. They did
    not care about how they got out of the town they left in a hurry.

    On there way out they smacked some people upside the head from
    horse back or ran them down. The horses they rode were not there
    own, they stole them (a hanging offense as I recall). The night
    ended with the party on the lamb yelling profanities at the town
    and that they deserved what was coming to them. SO that is where
    we left the party. I have told my GM to run something next week as
    I want to play a little but I also want to get some more time to
    prep. This is what I have so far.

    The wilderness riders are still around and the leaders were not
    brain panned. The harrowed in the group had lost domminion and had
    taken some pot shots at the "hero's" during the fight. Some of the
    wilderness riders scooped up the body of Raphie (the crazy one)
    and run off with him thinking he was still alive. Now that i have
    total dominion over the harrowed I was thinking she would track
    down the wilderness riders and I would have Ralphie come back
    harrowed. Together they would lead the wilderness riders to do all
    kinds of dispicable things to include! tracking down the party
    (Ralphie was not happy that the party killed off his brother).

    The "Ranger" in the group is already forming his version of what
    happend in the town and how he is going to word his report to HQ.
    I think that there was already some rangers or confed spies there
    that will tell a far better story than him and he will not be
    painted the white knight he thinks he is. Also he had kept his
    ability to hexsling from the rangers, I am sure they will not be
    happy to know that he lied to them.

    The town I am sure will put up a reward for them and has all there
    names when they signed on. Enough people were hurt that I am sure
    there are more than a few vengful family members can start popping
    up as well as some indpendent investors hiring bounty hunters to
    track down the party. The laws broken so far to get the legit
    bounty hunters on them are Horse Theft, Murder, assassult, and
    robery (what was in the Saddle bags). I am sure there are more but
    cant think of them off the top my head. If you can think of any
    throw them my way. T! here is going to be more than a few
    embelished charges put on them anyway, as anything that went wrong
    is now going to be blamed on them.

    They do not feel they deserve a black chip, but I would like to
    find a way get more in the pot. Based on there own antics, and the
    fact that the butcher was not even stopped (the first murder was
    being blamed on the Harrowed of the group). Thats two right there
    if I am not mistaken. So let me know what you all think, tell me
    what you think. The group is happy it would seem with the way they
    are going.

Cheers all :)