RE: [DL] my group the update

How long it takes your posse to realize that their methods are not the best depends on how you present it to them, and how well they take the news (and really, how smart the players are when it come to GM hint bricks).

I have found that if you can get an NPC into the group, and start steering their actions with hints and by example, they learn pretty quick, about most things.  I'm still working on the D&D mentality of kill ALL the bad things in the caverns, etc.  The key is to have an NPC who is as unobtrusive as can be, and someone they'll take a liking to immediately.

Mine was a Prussian aristocrat, who decided to become a big game hunter.  He had a nice big rifle, and made an impression on the PCs during a shooting demonstration.  After some small talk, he hired the group to escort him from Dodge to Las Cruces, NM, and we had 2 adventures (Last Stop and Here There Be Vampires) before Otto left to go on up to Colorado and beyond.  They still hope to meet up with him again (those that are left, that is).

carl smith <fishhook79@yahoo.com> wrote:
I may have to from the looks of it.  The question now is how many PC casualties or repercussions will it take to make the group right again?  One thing I need to consider is that they really do feel that they are "doing right".  They are not going out "intentionally" to raise the fear level (at least not yet); it?s just a byproduct of their actions.

Carl "What the hell happend to my group" Smith

Stephen Jacobs <steve@epciowa.com> wrote:

Hummmm? Maybe you should switch to playing an evil campaign. lol

David Sumpter

"I'm not close-minded, you're just wrong." - Bucky Katt