Re: [DL] Group Antics

Wow, Carl, it sounds like you have teenagers playing
with you.

The solutions to these problems are really very
simple. Let's use your trigger-happy pickpocket
catcher as an example of three ways you could backfire
her mercenary tactics:

1) She sticks a gun in the guy's back and tells him to
come with her.
Is this in public? Somebody would probably see it and
run to tell the sheriff that some lady is robbing
passersby. Also, most people comply when they have a
gun poking into their back so let's say she takes this
guy to the sheriff's office and the sheriff determines
that he is not a pickpocket. "Thanks for the help
lady, but you're not a deputy and I'm going to have to
ask you to stop pretending to be one or I'll have to
lock you up for disturbing the peace and impersonating
an officer of the law."

2) She shoots the guy in the back.
First off, nothing says "coward" in the old west like
shooting someone from behind, especially when they
don't have a gun in their hand. Also, was she in
public when she shot him? Instant bad reputation and
wanted hindrances would not be out of the question.

3) She gets away with it.
I assume you keep notes as the Marshal so give the
character a "secret" black mark. If she continues to
act in evil way, continue to give her black marks.
Once her black marks equal or exceed her Spirit die
type, take the character away and tell the player that
the fearmongers and abominations have corrupted her so
much that she is now a pawn of the manitou and
possessed by the evil forces she should've been
fighting against.

I hope this helps, -doc

=====
"What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" -Irv Kupcinet

"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one." -Cato the Elder (234 BC - 149 BC)