Re: [DL] Shadow Walk

On Jan 19, 2005, at 6:09 AM, Reemull wrote:
If the other person was holding the gun and the huckster just touched
it or grabbed the barrel I'd say no.  However if the pistol was just in
a holster I was thinking that maybe it would go with him or does the
item need to be regarded as his? Any thoughts?

I have always thought of Shadow Walk as involving, well, 'Walking' so I'd expect it to be just as difficult as grabbing the guys pistol and walking through a doorway... Just that the ends of the doorway happen to be surprisingly far away.

definitely require actively 'grabbing' the gun... and disentangling it as appropriate. No need to make the hex more powerful by making it more useful for a thief.

Of course, this is based on my idea of conceptually making Deadlands magic simple. Connecting two shadows is easy... Making someone 'ghost like' is harder, as would be classic teleportation.

-- Brett