Re: [DL] Re: My Posse's Legal Problems

> They are going to hang.
> Unless:
> 1. They bust out themselves.
> 2. A Ranger cuts a deal with them for a really nasty
> 'dirty dozen' style mission.
> 3. Someone busts them out for nasty job.
> 4. Someone offers them a deal - something odd like an
> Indian shaman. Maybe the daughter will change her
> testimony if they do something for her.
>
> They were stupid/unlucky/careless. Punish them for it
> - and then watch them do it all over again, every
> single time - at least we do when we are playing CoC!

I am considering something along the lines of your second option (but
it depends on whether they decide to bust out or not).  Some of my
players have two characters that they switch between, for example the
player of the preacher Ezekiel also has William Wise the Darling of
Dixie, a famous southern airship pilot.  This hero of the South
happened to crash land near the posse during a fight with some
Pinkertons (got to be one of the most impressive introductions of a new
character - unfortunately the crash landing knocked him unconscious!).
Anyway the fact that the posse entered the hunting grounds in the Maze
(near the site of the crash) and suddenly re-appeared 6 months later in
the middle of New Orleans caused the Confederate Military some
confusion (especially as William Wise is a recognisable character - how
could he move so far for so long completely undetected).  However the
upper echelons are desperate for men and Wise is one of the best (and
his loyalty is actually not in question).  They also have discovered
what smells like a fiendish plot and need someone to investigate.
Therefore they stage a fixed tribunial into Wise's absence and declared
him a traitor and so have temporarily settled him in the New Orleans
Parish Prison awaiting a transfer to Castle Thunder in Richmond.  At
Castle Thunder he is to discover the plot from the prisoner and sort it
out etc.  It would seem an ideal opportunity to include Inigo and Sam
in this and ship them out with William to Castle Thunder.   I had also
wondered about having this as a lead in to something that will skirt
round the edges of the Dead Presidents adventure.

So this will end up with the posse being effectively split in to with
secondary characters going down one story arc and primary characters
heading off on a completely unrelated story line.  Probably some time
in the future once the story lines are sorted they'll all meet back up
again.  My main concern is that it could be quite difficult to pull
off, especially in the timescales we have for gaming.  But at the same
time it could be fun and the other posse could be used to provide a
break from prison life.

Roy