Re: [DL] My Posse's Legal Problems (long)

I also have the problem that trust in my posse is a rare thing.  Due to
poor choices and people selling their souls to the dark side - the
posse has become slightly split of late - to the point they ended up
killing one of the other PC's.  The two that have been arrested are
firmly on the "good" side of that battle - which means those left that
have greyer souls are unlikely to lift a finger to help them.  A couple
of the other PC's might, but I would be surprised to get a united posse
action to free the others.  I would be surprised if they even
considered a jail break for fear of incrimminating themselves!

Sounds like this campaign is either a LOT of fun or in trouble!

Seriously, police, especially corrupt police, wouldn't hesitate to cover their butts with an easy patsy. Especially when the vic is rich and powerful. The family is probably bringing LOADS of pressure down to make a quick arrest. That might even make for some interesting interaction if the family knows about the evidence. They might confront the suspect themselves, or (if their particularly unscrupulous) hire an assassin to dispense a little street justice.

John Gallagher