Re: [DL] My Posse's Legal Problems (long)

> Sounds like this campaign is either a LOT of fun or in trouble!
Although there is an over arching plot, a lot of the game sessions
involve the actual character's backgrounds.  This has led to an ever
increasing amount of note passing.  I am not too concerned about this,
however a lot of the players ended up writing notes about things one
week and then discussing them openly with the group the next.  Which
ultimately meant that the delay due to note writing the previous week
wasn't worth while - so I've tried to clamp down on this aspect.

Our main problem was that the "good" characters were starting to object
to the characters which were dabbling in the "dark side", continuing in
the group.  As the "dark side" characters were trying to reform their
act - to simply kick them out was a little rough - so there tended to
be a little bit of a stalemate.  Also the majority of the rest of the
posse were just ignoring the dark acts of some of members (for instance
the use of "Spook" by one of the harrowed to literally scare someone
into a heart attack) , what made it worse is that some of the posse
thought her innocent - yet they just ignored the situation.  Yet the
return of the blessed preacher to the group provided a kick start to a
redemption theme in the posse.  The preacher gathered support from
those he figured were on the side of good and they took on the PC
werewolf.  This has kick started the feeling of a crusade in the group
and I actually think that the "dark side" PC's were getting worried.
However at the end of the last adventure the crusade has stuttered with
the arrest of the two people that actively supported the preacher
against the werewolf.  However background issues have caused the
harrowed to leave the group as well.

So the group is currently left rather depleted.  The preacher remains,
as does the character that turned to the "dark side" but has tried to
come back (however the preacher knows that this character's soul is
currently... um.. divided.. literally!!).  Plus there is a journalist
who is having problems trying to make sense of it all and that is about
it.   So the journey has been rather epic - but we've all had a blast.
The death of the werewolf PC was the main point of tension during the
last game as the player didn't know the preacher was plotting against
him.  However the werewolf player roleplayed it extremely well and the
fact that the preacher ended up killing the PC as the character tried
to turn from being  werewolf, has become a landmark moment in the
preacher's background as well.

So it hasn't turned out too badly.

Cheers

Roy