[DL] Re: A Princess

I always think a GM should be a little like a Djinn.
He may grant your wish but he will pervert it to make
it more interesting. In the case of a princess a few
suggestions:

Daughter of a native ?king? whether an Indian chief of
something more exotic and ancient from down south.
A daughter of the Mexican emperor. More or less
legitimate as required.
Daughter of someone rich and powerful, such as an
Eastern steel magnate.
A Jewish princess with the modern, not very nice
meaning.
Ancient and impoverished European aristocracy. They
might be quite a lot of displaced German princesses on
the lose after unification under Prussia. You might
even have crazy ones like the Jacobites.
An ordinary girl with the hook of an ancient spirit.
This is heading way out into Buffy country but could
be a lot of fun. Perhaps something like a Manitu with
dominion but not nasty, just with a very clear agenda.

Michael

  - Richelieu