[DL] A fate chip question?

First off, I was wondering how many chips the marshal grabs before each session. I can never find it in the book when I look.
Secondly, my buddies and I have recently started playing a DL classic game. Two of us have played and four newbies. It is a little tough, because I haven't played in two years. But, the best/funniest part is that my wife and a buddies wife are playing their first role playing game ever and at this point they are the ones causing the (in game) trouble. One is a trouble making muckraker and the other an agent, an' boy do they go 'round.