Re: [HoE] Wormling Origin Thoughts

><SPOILERS>

><Okay, you were warned.>
>	After examining all the currently available info on Wormlings, I'm
>really starting to get curious as to how these suckers came about.
We're
>pretty sure they descended from the Rattlers of the Wierd West... but
>there's a critical step in the evolutionary chain between the Rattlers
and
>the structure of a Wormling hive.
>	So, a couple of theories:
[snip]

   You forgot one more theory:  The Worms created the wormlings from
people they have taken.
   In the Marshal section of "The Quick & The Dead"(I *think*, if not,
maybe it's "City o' Gloom") they talk about a "network" of salt rattlers
that are taking people to their "queen" and being kept alive so that
they could breed a human-worm hybrid.   I'm playing off memory, so as
soon as I get my copy of Q&D back I'll look it up.
    Obviously the wormlings are the result of such a hybrid.  The
question now is, of course, exactly how they did it- and when...
    [insert evil Vincient Price laugh]

-Damon Harper
      "Fall seven times, stand up eight."
		     -Japanese Proverb