Re: [HoE] Firearms [SHANE]

-----Original Message-----
From: DarrinBrig@aol.com <DarrinBrig@aol.com>
To: hoe@gamerz.net <hoe@gamerz.net>
Date: Monday, October 05, 1998 10:59 AM
Subject: Re: [HoE] Firearms [SHANE]

>So, before this degenerates into a "<insert game> sucks!" flamewar, anyone
out
>there know of any really good non-Palladium sourcebooks on modern firearms?

    R. Taslorian did a book a while back called "Edge of the Sword."  It had
most of the weapons out there, as far as firearms go, and stats for
conversion into Interlock, GURPS, Call of Cthulu, AD&D, Hero, etc.  It's
really excellent.  If you can't order a copy through your distributor, I
have two, and I'd sell the extra.  But I'm pretty sure it's in-stock most
places.
    As for a good book behind the reality of weapons, Chameleon Eclectic's
Ultramodern Firearms (or something like that) had a great section explaining
the real principles behind silencers, suppression systems, braces, air vents
and the like.

Hope that's useful,
    Eric