[HoE] Firearms Books For Gaming

<< So, before this degenerates into a "<insert game> sucks!" flamewar, anyone
out
 there know of any really good non-Palladium sourcebooks on modern firearms?

  There are several available for gaming, with various degrees of usefulness.

  ULTRAMODERN FIREARMS for Chameleon Eclectic's MILLENNIUM'S END rpg is
probably your best bet.  It has a fairly wide selection with good pics of each
gun.
  EDGE OF THE SWORD by R. Talsorian, written by Kevin Dockery who also did a
similar book called THE ARMORY for Firebird, also has a good selection and
pictures.  The organization/layout of the book makes it a bit hard to use,
tho.
  THE WEAPONS COMPENDIUM by Pagan Publishing for use with Call of Cthulhu has
stats on many guns from many different eras.  That's just about all it is,
though; no pictures.
  Similarly, my own DARK CHAMPIONS has an extensive gun list, but no pictures.
OTOH, for gaming purposes the stats may be all ya need. :)
  The Q MANUAL for the James Bond RPG has a bunch of guns and other cool
equipment.  (The THRILLING LOCATIONS supplement is even better, overall, tho.)

  That oughtta get you started.  Let me know if you need any other ideas. :)

Steve Long