[HoE] Re: Demon Roaches (was HoE Baddies)

Well, I like the concept but I think they need to be toned down a bit.  You
are recommending you run from these things, but they have a pace of 12 -- most
characters are going to be bug chow.  As far as overwhelming firepower goes, I
think you are underestimating the impact of three levels of armor.

I would drop the size to 8, the armor to 1, damage to STR + 1d8,  reduce
Strength by 3 dice, Vigor by 4 dice.  Make the terror a 7/9.  Also, beef up
the Mien and add some Overawe.  Keep the progressive armor piercing -- nice
touch.

Instead of a "Mental Stun" ability make them a hive mind, possibly with some
ability to sense prey.   If you give them some real intelligence you could cut
them down even more and still be a real threat.  Or give them the equivalent
of the Psyker power, along with a strain rating to keep it reasonable.

It's a good idea, I just think you got a little carried away with loading
things on there.

Jeff