[HoE] It's Hammer time!

Does anyone have any suggestions or official rulings on the stats of a
sledgehammer in combat.  I would think it would be something like this:

Sledgehammer
Def Bonus:    -
Speed:           2
Damage:  STR+2d10
Cost:            100

Any comments?  I would think that they would be way too slow to grant any
Def Bonus but would do incredible amounts of damage.  I have seen
documentaries on the effects of mass weapons in combat (maces, hammers,
morning stars, etc.) and they were uniformly devestating (more so than
your typical sword).  Who needs to worry about piercing a vital organ
when you can just crush an armored man's breastplate and let his own
armor suffocate him?  Or when even a glancing blow to the helmet will
concuss even the thickest skulled opponent?

As a Fallout nut (the CRPG, not the toxic dust) I get these glorious
visions of Ravenites armed with Super Sledges and it gets me giddy.

Super Sledge
Def Bonus:  -
Speed:         2
Damage: STR+2d12
Other effects:  any opponent hit with the super sledge that takes even
one wound must make a Onerous (7) Nimbleness roll or be knocked off of
their feet.
Cost:           500

Templar Simon
"Disney songs runnin' thru his head,
As he fills his enemies full o' lead!"

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]