Re: [HoE] Shotgun Ammo

>Has anyone here ever given any thought to the stats for the different
>types of shotgun ammo?  The ones I can think of off the top of my head
>are:
>(not all of the names are proper)
>
>1)  Dragonsbreath - basically a 10 foot gout of flame - I would say 3d6
>damage and if the target takes a wound they catch fire (2d6 damage til
>the chems burn out, about 2 rounds)  Get REALLY creative with the busts
>on this one ;)  Also REALLY bad on the weapon they are being fired out of

I'd say they only catch fire if they take a wound. And maybe every time
they are fired, they lose 1 level of reliability (down to a min Reliability
of 15?).

>2)  Rhino Balls - 6 feet of piano wire strung between two lead weights -
>I have personally seen one of these cut a 10 inch diameter dead tree in
>half - I would say -2 accuracy and 4d6 damage - if the round hits an
>extremity (head, arm, or leg) and does even one wound then the extremity
>takes an automatic second wound -maiming effects ALWAYS sever

This sounds cool. But maybe a reliability of 19 just in case something goes
wrong with the round itself (as opposed to a firing blunder).

>3)  Thunderstrike - basically a hotloaded hollow-point slug - nearly
>broke my shoulder firing one of these - +2 dice to normal slug damage but
>hard armor counts as one extra level (Kevlar Vest counts as AR3)

Ouchie.

>4)  Flechette Rounds - fires a pattern of needles - I've never been able
>to get my mitts on any of these but they just sound mean - +2 accuracy
>and one die less of damage but hard armor is treated as one level less
>and soft armor is ignored

Maybe just make that AP1. That should ignore most soft armours in the book.
By the way, how does AP work vs the new armour type (that takes away from
the damage done instead of lowering the die type).

>5)  Salt Rounds - remove the shot and put rock salt in the casing - treat
>as a normal shot round but apply the damage rolled directly to the
>targets Wind - target gets a Vigor roll to reduce the damage

Hmm... this I like too. Methinks ah'll use it.

Paddy

-Keeper of the Tradeposts of the Mantis,
-L5R Code (CCG1.1b) YA ++  S  G+  R+!r  Y+  C+  E++  M  T--  D++  K++  U+++
-L5R Code (RPG1.1) GP PR +++ CC +  RP+ GT: !  P+  MN + S++ G+++  R+  Y+ C++
-http://www.geocities.com/area51/lair/1961/
-copernicus@brunnet.net