Re: [HoE] Mini-Chainsaws

On Fri, 09 Oct 1998 07:27:09 -0600 Allan Seyberth <darious@darious.com>
writes:
>It may have the size of a bowie knife, but it certainly would do a lot
>less>damage then one.
>-------------------
I dounbt if the edge of a combat chainsaw will have the same design as
our contemporary lumber tool.  The next time you are in a game store
check out the Alternity RPG's Arms and Equipment Guide.  It has a weapon
called a chainsword with a close up of the blade.  The cutting edge is
actually a revolving serrated edge with very small blades set
perpedicular to the edge of the sword.  These blades revolve at a very
fast rate and have the effect of one of your mother's motorized turkey
knives but to a greater degree.  While not practical with our current
technology this could concievably cause huge amounts of damage.

Tamplar Simon
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]