Re: [HoE] The Great Katana War

<snip Damon Harper & Joseph Malik starting a war re: Katanas>

i can see both sides of this - being a nut on Ancient Japanese weaponry
and also tired of seeing Munchkins carrying Katanas or No-Dachis doing
1dmillion damage.

i see no problem with the occasional character carrying a Katana - you
can find ANYTHING in the wastes of the cities, and as has been stated
they are getting to be a common sight today in shops, restaurants etc.

heres a couple of ideas i had for limiting the possible munchkin abuse
of Katanas

1) As swords go - these things were comparatively pretty thin, and a
hefty blunt trauma against the flat of the blade would be really
unhealthy for it. everytime such a force is applied - theres a chance
the blade may break. parry a sledgehammer with it - and all you've got
left is a pretty letter opener !

2)They are becoming popular as ornamental pieces, and you character has
picked up a novelty Katana. One good blow will shatter it, its badly
balanced and basically blows.

3)The posse sees their arch nemesis waving a Katana at them from the
ruins -'course what they don't know is its a blunt replica some 14yr old
kid into Manga had hanging on his bedroom wall before the bomb.

now these are just a few ideas off the top of my head - and here i
promise to make my final point. the DL list has seen some in-fighting
recently. nothing too serious - but consuming bandwidth to no positive
end. i know the katana war is a mild one, but instead of attacking each
other can we not trying and stay a little more positive.

<steps down from pulpit>

its monday morning and thats never the best time to write anything down,
so if i've offended anyone i sincerely apologise.

pete 'its early' rogers