Re: [HoE] Shotgun Ammo & Reliability

>Is reliability from the Wierd West game?  I do not own any Pinnacle
game
>but HoE so I am not familiar with this.  How does it work?

yup - reliability was a mechanic in DeadLands that was cut for HoE.
basically, a piece of equipment COULD have a reliability rating (normal
pistols, rifle etc would not have one, mad science or cheapo gear
would.) the reliability rating would be less than 20 - the lower the
worse (typically around 18-19, any worse would be REAL BAD). Each time
you used the afflicted equipment you would also roll 1d20, any roll
greater than the reliability rating indicated a malfunction.

i guess you could re-instate it - i fiugre it was cut to let combat run
quicker.

one potion re the shotgun rounds we be to say that any botch whilst
using the modified ammo would reflect that the ammo being used was
dangerous ie blow the sucker up !

less die rollin', more explodin' pc's - my kind of rule :)

pete 'still monday mornin', but i've had my first coffee' rogers