Re: [HoE] The Great Katana War

>i can see both sides of this - being a nut on Ancient Japanese weaponry
>and also tired of seeing Munchkins carrying Katanas or No-Dachis doing
>1dmillion damage.

   This statement is also moot.  That's like saying you hate AK-47s
because disgruntled postal workers use them to mow people down.   And
also, I don't see anything munchkinous about a katana.   That is to say,
a striaght plain vanilla katana.  Of course "The Great and Powerful
Katana of Mass-Slaying" is something else, but those adjectives can be
added to any weapon.
     Again, I don't see what the big deal is.  I'm not so much as
standing up for PCs who use katanas so much as smacking down this
ill-founded hoopla people using them seems to be creating.
      For some reason, when people talk about katanas, someone pipes in
with a "Highlander-wannabe" snip.  But of course if someone wants to be
a Scot with a ponytail no one says crap.   I guess it's just me.

-Damon Harper
      "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish."
		-Euripides